Hodgdon H1000 burns quite slowly. Extreme For heavily overbored magnums like the 7mm Remington Magnum, 7mm STW, and 30-378 Weatherby, extruded powder is ideal. Additionally, H1000 offers outstanding performance and velocity with heavy bullets in cartridges including the 6mm-284, 257 Weatherby, 270 Winchester, and 300 Winchester Magnum.
This powder has quickly gained widespread recognition among long-range match shooters.
1. Burning Rate: Hodgdon H1000 is a relatively slow-burning powder. It falls into the slow burning rate range and is known for providing consistent performance and high energy output.
2. Application: H1000 is often used in magnum rifle cartridges, particularly those designed for long-range shooting and hunting. It is commonly used in calibers such as .300 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum, .338 Lapua Magnum, and others that require slower-burning powders to handle the larger case capacities and heavier bullets.
3. Temperature Stability: Hodgdon powders, including Hodgdon H1000 in stock, are known for their temperature stability. They are formulated to deliver consistent performance across a wide range of temperatures, making them suitable for various environmental conditions.
4. Bullet Compatibility: H1000 is versatile and works well with a range of bullet weights. It is commonly used with medium to heavy bullets, typically in the 150 grains and above range, though it can also be used with lighter bullets depending on the specific cartridge and application.
5. Load Data: To ensure safe and accurate reloading with Hodgdon H1000, it is essential to consult reliable sources of load data. Hodgdon provides their own reloading data on their website and in their printed manuals. Additionally, reputable reloading manuals and online resources can offer specific load data and guidelines tailored to various cartridges and powders.
6. Load Development: When developing loads with H1000, it is crucial to start with the minimum recommended charges and work up gradually while monitoring for signs of excessive pressure. Carefully follow the recommended load data and pay attention to any special instructions or considerations provided by the powder manufacturer.
7. Safety Precautions: Follow standard safety precautions for reloading, including using proper eye and ear protection, maintaining a clean and organized reloading area, and handling powders and components with care. Ensure that you are using compatible components specifically designed for the cartridge and powder combination you are working with.
Always prioritize safety and adhere to established reloading practices when working with Hodgdon H1000 or any other reloading powder. Consult reliable sources for the most up-to-date load data and guidelines, and if you have any specific concerns or questions, it is recommended to reach out to Hodgdon directly or seek guidance from experienced reloaders.
What calibers is H1000 good for?
H1000 is a popular powder used in reloading ammunition, primarily for rifle cartridges. It is known for its versatility and is commonly used with a range of calibers, particularly those that require slower burning powders. Some of the calibers that H1000 is suitable for include:
1. .270 Winchester
2. .30-06 Springfield
3. .300 Winchester Magnum
4. .338 Lapua Magnum
5. 6.5-284 Norma
6. 6.5 Creedmoor
7. 7mm Remington Magnum
8. 7mm STW (Shooting Times Westerner)
9. .300 Remington Ultra Magnum
10. .300 Weatherby Magnum
Is H1000 a slow burning powder?
Yes, H1000 is considered a slow-burning powder. Slow-burning powders typically have a slower rate of combustion, which means they generate a more gradual pressure curve as the powder burns. This characteristic is desirable for certain high-capacity cartridges and heavy bullets, as it allows for more consistent and controlled ignition, improved accuracy, and increased muzzle velocity.
H1000 is known for its slower burn rate, and it is often used in magnum rifle cartridges that require slower powders to achieve optimal performance. It provides a high energy output and can accommodate heavier projectiles, making it suitable for long-range shooting and hunting applications.
Hodgdon h1000 in stock now don’t miss is a sale!!!